People invest in gemstones for wealth preservation and some for collection. When investing in stones you cannot avoid being scammed and getting fake stones. When you invest on precious gems take note of the following:
- Do your own research
- Be diligent. Scrutinize the stones for any cracks or damages.
- Build your own knowledge, inside and out. Remember gemology is not an easy subject
- If you have an opportunity to visit a mine, do so.
- Know which shops and markets you can visit who offers genuine gem stones.
- Understand how the trading works. It’s very easy to make mistakes.
- You need to know who to read the stones, whether they were treated, heated or are they natural stones. Remember when stones are heated and treated they would not have the same value to natural stones. Many collectors and investors want the natural stones because it’s the best for them.
- Always have the proper and correct equipment.
- Be aware of places where you can test and certify these stones. You need to know the right polishes and cutters as well.